Arthur usually wears a nice dress shirt with the sleeves rolled back past his elbows, brown pants, and black shoes. His eyes are rarely seen and usually, his mouth his just shown. In some episodes, when his eyes are seen, his eyes are brown, but his nose and mouth are covered - As a matter of fact, Arthur's face is never entirely seen. His hair is brown.
Arthur is very bumbling, but deeply devoted and caring towards Mina. He sometimes gets lonely because he doesn't have a wife. His catchphrase is "Only in America!"
- In Family Portrait, his name is Arthur is said by Becky.
- It is unknown if Arthur is widowed or if the mother walked out on him and Mina.
- In the books, Arthur's name was "Robert".
- Despite having an established name, the end credits list him as “Mina's Dad”, similar to how in Grim & Evil, Billy’s parents are credited as “Billy’s Mom and Dad” instead of their names (Harold and Gladys, respectively).
- He is first human to be voiced by Chris Kattan, voice of Bunnicula, main character of TV Show.